Alan has been part of a business consulting practice which works with corporate, public and voluntary sector clients since 1999. His work focuses on the implementation of strategy: planning this with board members and senior teams; developing communication approaches to key stakeholders; engaging and enrolling teams and functions across entire organisations and their stakeholders; monitoring and checking process on the journey towards delivering business results.
Notable projects during this time have included:
- co-ordinating the implementation of an SAP system for one of the UK’s largest petrochemical sites
- creating a global change network for a leading international mining group
- designing and implementing a database to automate the process of compiling performance data for a major oil field operator
- running a programme office for a charitable trust to increase income generation and improve community engagement
- training leaders and managers in change management methodologies
- facilitating workshops for numerous project and leadership teams
Alan’s experience in change consultancy and facilitation complements his previous background as a business process analyst, and his honours degree in Economics. Alan is a passionate football fan, and balances his consulting role with the position of Chief Executive at Supporters Direct Scotland. He is also the chairman of Raith Supporters Trust, which owns a major shareholding in Raith Rovers FC, one of Scotland’s oldest professional football clubs.
Connect with Alan on LinkedIn